Draft Minutes of the Annual General Meeting 14th May 2018

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Upton Parish Council

Upton Village Hall, Monday 14th May 2018 at 7.30 pm 

Present:- Stuart Fraser (Chair/SCF), Liz Cooper (Clerk/EC), Stuart Norman (SN), Karen Marshall (KM),

Brendan Heneghan (BH), Jo Fidgen (JF)

  1. Apologies for Absence

            None. 

  1. Election of Chairman

            Mr Stuart was duly re-elected as Chair.

  1. Declarations of Interest

Members are asked to declare any personal interest and the nature of that interest which they may have in any items under consideration at this meeting. Members were reminded that it is a criminal offence if, without a reasonable excuse, you fail to declare your Disclosable Pecuniary Interests (DPI) either for inclusion on the register or to amend the register, or when you become aware of a DPI which is not recorded, but which relates to a matter to be discussed at a meeting where you are present.

No declarations of interest were made.

  1. Acceptance of Office – All Members

SCF, SN, KM, BH all agreed to remain as members of the parish council and duly completed their Declaration of Office forms.

  1. Co-opt New Councillor

            Jo Fidgen was co-opted as a new parish councillor and completed the appropriate forms. 

  1. Election of Vice-Chairman

            SN was duly elected as vice-chair. 

  1. Adoption of minutes of previous meetings

The following minutes were all adopted without change:-

22nd May 2017 (AGM),

16th April 2018 (APM)

5th April 2018 UPCX

19th March 2018 UPC

  1. Matters arising:

There were no matters arising from the minutes adopted above.

  1. Public Forum

            There were no members of the public present at the meeting.

  1. Business to be transacted:

10.1    The Annual Governance Statement part of the annual audit was completed, ratified and

                   Signed.

10.2    UPCs Aims and Objectives for 2018/19 were agreed and adopted.

10.3     UPCs Standing Orders were agreed and adopted as they stand. Potential amendments to

             be discussed further between SCF & EC for sign off at the July meeting.

10.4    The Clerk’s salary for FY 2018-19 was agreed. SCF to amend the Clerk’s contract

                   accordingly for signature.

10.5    UPC agreed to accept and adopt the accounts for 2017-2018, which had been circulated

                   in advance.

10.6     The Clerk handed over all documentation for the completion of accounts to SN. SCF, SN &

             EC agreed to meet on 22 May to finalise documents and arrange internal audit, for

completion by 14 June. Notice of accounts for inspection to commence on or around 15

June for a period of 30 days to include the first 10 days of July, as per regulations.

10.7    To discuss potential items of expenditure / project work for 2018/19 as per the budget:-

  1. Garage door repairs

G DeW & Rob Trainor are looking in to this. This is included in the budget.

  1. Defibrillator installation & training

The council agreed to review previous quotes for the installation of the defib unit in the absence of funding for same.  A budget was set at £1250 ex. VAT.

iii. Pump Track resurface

BH agreed to investigate this & contact existing supplier (Shoretrack). It was acknowledged this was an expensive job and alternatives should be looked at.

  1. Play area surface bark

SCF to investigate costs and volume & then pass to JF. BH to confirm if he has equipment suitable to aid distribution of bark.

  1. Tree Work

Ashdown agreed to hold previous quote. All agreed to go ahead. SCF to organise.

10.8    To discuss the situation with the deterioration of the concrete bales in Stream Road

SCF gave update. Confirmed that the upper part of Stream Road was a ‘BOAT’/byway

open to all traffic. Had negotiated with Gordon Kaleman to replace concrete bales with

more major work and was looking at quotes.  The DC has money to do this, but no

resource to carry it out. Ongoing.

10.9    To discuss IT policy update

UPC agreed to use Microsoft Office 365 Gov for PC work at c£3.70pm. Email addresses

are still needed to carry out PC work (i.e. ku.oc.egallivnotpunull@rollicnuoc.hsirap with

additional identifier for each councillor). B. Rippon has agreed to assist in the transfer of

data from the roundcube email system to Microsoft. ‘uptonvillage.co.uk will be taken over

by the PC at a cost of £15pa. The PC agreed to pay for BR’s time in transferring the data

(details TBC, but a budget of £100 was set). If costs are more, then will be deferred to next

meeting for discussion. SCF to discuss with BR. BR also confirmed a software set up cost of

£54.

  1. Planning

            To discuss planning application P18/V0551/HH – further amendment to lack of headroom in first

floor bedroom extension. Deadline 12 noon 17.5.18.

The council voted ‘No Strong Views’ on this application.

  1. Correspondence

            EC confirmed that an email had been received stating the car boot sale originally planned for the

9th or 10th of June had been cancelled.

  1. Financial Business Considerations were all agreed:-

13.1  Summary of receipts in previous financial year

  • Total Payments 2017-18 = £9573
  • Total Receipts 2017-18 = £11465
  • Lloyds Bank Gross Interest 2017-18 £6.35 (compared to the previous year of £2.17)

13.2  To accept/reject the Schedule of Payments (see Appendix A below)

           The council accepted all payments as listed in Appendix A of the agenda.

13.3  Receipts to date this financial year:-

  • VOWH – precept £4587.50 (April 2018)
  • Bank interest April 55p, May 55p.
  1. AOB

            KM raised the issue of rubbish left on the Upton Rec, including disposable BBQ trays which had

also burnt the grass. Increased signage was suggested, with JF suggesting something written by a

child, then laminated and placed around the rec. JF to investigate. Also to be added to July’s

agenda for further discussion. KM also to look at the use of Facebook for raising/dealing with

such issues.

  1. Date of next AGM

Monday 20th May 2019 7.30pm.

The meeting concluded at 9.25pm. 

Liz Cooper

Clerk to Upton Parish Council

23rd May 2018