Minutes of Extraordinary Meeting 20th June 2018

Minutes of an extraordinary meeting of Upton Parish Council held on Wednesday 20th June 2018 in the Upton village hall meeting room.

Present: Stuart Fraser (SCF/Chair), Liz Cooper (EC/Clerk), Karen Marshall (KM), Stuart Norman (SN), Jo Fidgen (JF)

  1. Apologies for absence

Brendan Heneghan.

  1. Declarations of interest

None.

  1. To ratify the purchase and ownership of the modular stage system (purchased in April

2017 & delivered in May 2017).

UPC ratified the purchase and agreed to confirm ownership to UVHAT. Clerk to email

Brian Rippon accordingly.

  1. To ratify invoice for tree work recently carried out (Ashdown Tree Management,

£1500) paid online. (Clerk’s note:- paid on 21.6.18).

UPC ratified this payment, noting the invoice was £80 less than the quote.

  1. UPC Annual audit

SCF expressed his thanks on behalf of the council to the Clerk and SN for their part in

completing the audit. He also formally extended the thanks of the council to Ros Caffyn,

who had comprehensively completed the internal audit. Clerk to record all

improvements to practice & send to UPC councillors.

The following were also actioned:-

5.1 The checklist for UPC’s Annual Return was completed by SCF.

5.2 UPC agreed that the annual return was now complete, following an internal audit.

5.3 UPC agreed to the submission of Certificate of Exemption to the external auditor.

Clerk to action.

5.4 UPC agreed to the Period for the Exercise of Public Rights notification as follows:-

Period to commence Monday 25th June 2018 for a period of 30 days, ending on

Monday 23rd July, thus incorporating the required first 10 days of July. Clerk to email

details to Brian Rippon.

  1. To consider the following planning applications:-

6.1 P18/V1214/HH

Winterbourne, Stream Road, Upton. Proposed single story side & rear extensions. New roof construction to provide first floor accommodation. Deadline 12noon on 21st June 2018.

UPC voted ‘No Objections’ to this application.

6.2 P18/V1321/HH

White Cottage, Fieldside, Upton. Proposed two storey extension. Deadline 12 noon on 6th July 2018.

UPC voted ‘No Objections’ to this application.

      6.3 P18/V1354/HH

Fernwood, High Street, Upton. Creation of 2 box dormers at rear first floor, 3 box

dormers at front first floor, replacement of plastic windows with wooden casements &

raising of eves & ridge height by 800mm. Deadline 12 noon on 6th July 2018.

UPC voted ‘No Objections’ to this application.

  1. UPC agreed to the use of Upton rec by Didcot Health Centre on Friday 29th June (in

conjunction with their use of the village hall). Clerk to inform their contact.

  1. UPC agreed to the introduction of a ‘UPC Donation Receipt’ form. This will be used to

record and acknowledge any donations made to the council. Clerk to copy form to all.

  1. AOB

      Note:- No decisions can be made under AOB. This is for information only or items for the

next meeting.

9.1 JF updated the council on obtaining quotes for wood chipping for the surface of the

play area. Further quotes will be obtained, with quantities and costs to be agreed at the

next meeting.

9.2 JF is also organising the lamination of children’s drawings for display around the rec,

designed to discourage people from leaving detritus on the rec.

9.3 SCF reported that he had repaired the rope ladder in the play area.

9.4 SCF also said that he is confirming details for a defib cabinet and will update

further at the next meeting.

    The meeting finished at 8pm.

     Date of next meeting:-

     Parish Council Meeting, Monday 16th July 2018, 7.00pm in the village hall meeting

     room.