Agenda for the Meeting of Upton Parish Council to be held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 21st September 2021 in the village hall

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Upton Parish Council at 7.30pm on Tuesday 21st September 2021. This meeting will be held in the village hall.

Members of the press and public are welcome to attend. Please notify the Clerk at least 48 hours prior to the start of the meeting as numbers of attendees may be restricted.

E Cooper

Clerk to Upton Parish Council, 15.09.21

 

Agenda

  1. To note or receive apologies for absence
  1. To note any declarations of interest in the items on the agenda
  1. To approve the minutes of the following meeting & note any matters arising: –

UPC 15.07.21

Note: – Any changes to the minutes need to be agreed by vote

  1. To hear a report from the County Councillor
  1. To hear a report from the District Councillor
  1. To hear a report from the PCSO
  1. To hear representations from the public (15 mins max, 3 mins per person)
  1. To hear an update from the UVHAT representative
  1. To hear an update on the Upton Nature Garden Project
  1. To report on outstanding actions carried forward from previous meetings: –

 

No. Actions from July Meeting By when
1. Clerk to speak to OALC re legal advice on volunteer form. Next meet
2. BS to speak to alternative contractor re. play area mound ASAP
3. BS to obtain 3 quotes for providing a suitable fence around the new toddler play area. Next meet
4. Clerk to look at placing order for new zip wire seat Actioned
5. BS to speak to Kompan re their last inspection report & quote for zip wire ‘seat’. ASAP
6. BS to check rec ground maintenance volunteer rota & responsibilities ASAP
7. KH to report back to council on recommendations for the two benches in situ in the nature garden area. ASAP
8. KH to provide formal proposal & timescales for fence development around the new cemetery area. Next meet
9. BS to provide tree work quote to all for consideration. Next meet
10. BS to speak to re tree maintenance on rec that may be affecting property. Next meet
11. Clerk to check if any trees are included on insurance policy. Actioned
12. Clerk to complete CPF form & return to SP Actioned
13. NT to compile draft for next Upton News online & forward to PM Actioned
No. Actions from previous meetings By when
2. Clerk to check ToR from Upton Nature Volunteer Group Actioned
3. JR to write letter confirming UVHAT 5-year rolling underwriting for nature garden maintenance. Clerk to remind JR. O/S
6. BS to issue rota forms ASAP
8. Clerk to work on web site update protocols with PMcL & complete procedural documents for web site Ongoing
9. Clerk to confirm ICO membership – unable to agree membership without payment Actioned

 

  1. To ratify or agree the council’s response to the following planning applications: –

11.1 To agree:-

11.1.1 P21/V2488/VH Owlscote Barn, High Street, Upton

Replacement entrance gates.

Deadline 29.9.21

11.1.2 P21/V2559/AG Three Hills Land, Chilton

Seeks a determination as to whether prior approval is required under S2,

Pt6 of Town & Country Planning (GPD) (England) Order 2015 for the

erection of an agricultural building.

Deadline 24.9.21

11.2 To ratify:-

11.2.1 P21/V2057/HH South Spring, Stream Road, Upton

Front, side & rear extensions.

Deadline 24.8.21

UPC no objections, but with narrative.

11.3 To note planning permissions/withdrawals received since the last meeting:-

None.

  1. To receive an update on UPC Finances and Administration

12.1 To hear an update on the budget for 2021/22

12.2 To hear an update on Lloyds Bank: –

As at 14.9.21 Treasurer’s Account £7113.26

As at 14.9.21 Business Bank Account £13,073.12

12.3  Receipts

Bank interest August 11p, September 11p

12.4 To sign off bank reconciliation to date

Provided in advance of the meeting. To be signed at meeting.

12.5 To hear any other financial or administration updates

12.5.1 Correction of VAT reclaim errors update

12.5.2 Nature garden receipts & payments to date

Receipts £3000

Payments £2387.91

Balance £612.09

12.6 To agree the following payments & who to authorise: –

 

Date Payee £
28.08.21,

28.09.21

Clerk’s salary SO

[LGA1972 s112(2)]

Not publicly disclosed
15.09.21 Clerk’s expenses [LG(FPA)1963s5]

Inc new zip wire seat (£79.99)

£85.39
Aug/Sept HMRC PAYE SO (£74.40 August, £74.40 tbc Sept) £148.80
29.08.20, 29.09.21 Microsoft Office365 Aug/Sept DD @£3.80pm

[LGA1972 s111]

£7.60
17.09.21 OALC Chairmanship course 7.9.21 £120.00
01.09.21 Thomas Fattorini Ltd, Council badges £86.68
08.09.21 M Wilson Tree Services £1200.00
Sept 21 P.McLaughlin expenses (Krystal web site increased capacity payment). £7.26
  Payments sub total £1648.47
08.09.21 Didcot Plant, Hire of excavator & dumper. Paid to be ratified.           £474.71
08.09.21 Willis & Ainsworth, Ornamental whole tree chip. Paid to be ratified.           £534.60
08.09.21 Hi-Tex (UK) Ltd, Eco Mulchmat. Paid to be ratified. £309.00
14.09.21 Buckingham Nurseries, plants various. Paid to be ratified. £1069.60
  Nature Garden sub total £2387.91
  TOTAL        £4036.38

+ Clerk’s salary above

 

12.7 To hear a proposal on creating a joint ‘Chairman’s’ meeting with other

local Parish Councils (PM / BS)

  1. To hear an update on the recreation ground Play Areas

13.1 Toddler play area

13.1.1 New mound – remedial work

13.1.2 To consider the installation of a fence/demarcation around the new play

area

13.2 Adventure play area

To consider remedial work to perimeter wood panels.

13.3 Pump Track

Remedial work to the pump track scheduled for 22/23.

  1. To hear an update on the maintenance of the recreation ground

14.1 Current maintenance of grounds

14.1.1 Trees, hedges, other

14.1.2 Ruts renovation

14.2 Current volunteer / rota situation

14.3 To hear any other recreation ground updates

14.3.1 Recreation ground bin replacements

14.3.2 Provision of additional benches

14.3.3 Provision of new noticeboard on side of bus shelter

14.3.4 Bonfire Night Proposal (Friday 5th or Saturday 6th November 2021)

14.3.5 Access across the recreation ground

14.3.6 Goal posts – nets & wheels replacements

14.3.7 Provision of fence to northern boundary

14.3.8 Car park drainage issue & resolution

14.3.9 New signage update

14.3.10 Bus shelter renovation update

  1. To hear an update on the remedial work to the cemetery extension
  1. To hear any update from PMcL on UPC IT
  1. To hear an update on the online Upton News situation

17.1 To agree the council content for the next online Upton News

17.2 Editor, advertising, distribution update

  1. To agree the date of the next meeting

Next full council meeting Tuesday 16th November 2021, at 7.30pm, in the main hall.