Agenda for Parish Council Meeting Thursday 14th January 2021

Upton Parish Council  

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Upton Parish Council at 7.30pm on Thursday 14th January 2021. This meeting will be held via an e-conference system.

 

Members of the press and public are welcome to attend. Please notify the Clerk at least 24 hours prior to the start of the meeting in order to receive joining details.

 

E Cooper

Clerk to Upton Parish Council, 08.01.21

 

Agenda

 

  1. To note or receive apologies for absence

 

  1. To co-opt a new councillor to the council

 

  1. To note any declarations of interest in the items on the agenda

 

  1. To approve the minutes of the following meeting & note any matters arising: –

UPC   26.11.20

UPC   03.12.20

Note: - Any changes to the minutes need to be agreed by vote

 

  1. To hear a report from the County Councillor

 

  1. To hear a report from the District Councillor

 

  1. To hear a report from the PCSO (included at end of agenda)

 

  1. To hear representations from the public (15 mins max, 3 mins per person)

 

  1. To hear an update from BS on the current community/Parish Council Covid-19

response

8.1 In the village, inc Whatsapp help group

8.2 Under Lockdown 3

 

  1. To report on outstanding actions carried forward from previous

meetings: –

 

No. Actions from December meeting When By
1. EC to compile next Upton News update (Jan21) Actioned
2. EC to compile ‘red folder’ x 2 & present to council on completion Actioned
3. BS to contact Kompan & authorise start of new play area work. December
4. EC to obtain quote for wood chippings. Actioned
5. EC to speak to BH re. equipment required for ground work on adventure play area. January
No. Actions from November meeting When by
1. BS to ensure information on DC support & supermarket vouchers goes out to the village. ASAP
2. All to consider the remedial work on benches. Jan meeting
3. EC/BS to examine documents held in VH meeting room filing cabinet. Actioned.
No. Actions from September Meeting When By
1. MF-D to see if more information is available on C-19 testing in the area following reports of problems from BH Nov meeting

 

  1. To ratify or agree the council’s response to the following planning applications: –

11.1  To ratify:-

11.1.1 P20/V2868/FUL The Croft, Prospect Rd, Upton

Single-storey detached annex to provide accommodation & care

for a relative.

Deadline 19.12.20

UPC objected with comments 18.12.20

11.1.2 P20/V2993/HH Sunnyside, Newmans Close, Upton

Proposed outbuilding addition & re-landscaping of the front garden.

Deadline 04.01.21

UPC had no objections to this consultation.

11.1.3 P20/V3064/HH Pottengers, Chilton Rd, Upton

Replacement annex, extensions & remodelling of existing house.

Deadline 04.01.21

UPC had no objections to this consultation.

11.1.4 P20/V2094/FUL Amendment no.1 3 Fieldside, Upton

Proposed extensions to side & rear & subdivision of plot to create

new 2-bed accommodation.

Deadline 08.01.21

UPC objected to this consultation 04.01.21.

11.2 To agree response:-

11.2.1 P20/V3104/HH Conifers, Stream Rd, Upton

Extend ground floor into new double garage with limited internal

reordering, add three bedrooms & family bathroom to new first floor.

Deadline 17.01.21

11.3 Planning Permissions received

P20/V2137LB & P20/V2138/HH

Planning permission 23.12.20

 

  1. To receive an update on UPC Finances and Administration

12.1 To approve the level of precept for the council for the next financial year

12.2 To agree the amendments to the UPC budget for the next financial year

12.3 To agree the following payments: –

 

Date Payee £
28.12.20,

28.01.21

Clerk’s salary SO

Inc additional hours (8) as agreed [LGA1972 s112(2)]

Not publicly disclosed
14.01.21 Clerk’s expenses [LG(FPA)1963s5] £16.80
Dec, Jan HMRC PAYE SO (£46 – Dec, £46.00 Jan TBC) £92.00
29.12.20, Jan 21 Microsoft Office365 Dec&Jan DD @£3.80pm

[LGA1972 s111]

£7.60
25.11.20 Kompan – In Depth Operational Inspection (paid to be ratified) [PHAAA 1907 s76(1)] £285.60
10.12.20 Kompan – Quarterly Operational Inspection (paid to be ratified) [PHAAA 1907 s76(1)] £950.40
08.12.20 SLCC Membership (paid to be ratified)

UPC £47, BPC £93 (to be reimbursed) [LGA 1972 s143]

£140.00
15.01.21 Dark White Digital [LGA 1972 s111] £332.50
15.01.21 OALC Clerk Training [LGA 1972 s111] £60.00
14.01.21 Chairman expenses £118.20
  TOTAL        £2003.10

+ Clerk’s salary above

 

12.4 Receipts

Bank interest December .11p

12.5 To sign off bank reconciliation to date

Provided in advance of the meeting. To be physically signed at a later date

12.6 To agree potential end of year donations (Home Start/CAB)

12.7 To hear any other financial or administration updates

Q3 VAT return submitted 04.01.21 for £216.00

 

  1. To hear an update on the recreation ground Play Areas

13.1 Toddler play area

13.2 Adventure play area

13.3 Pump Track

 

  1. To hear any updates on the maintenance of the recreation ground

14.1 Current maintenance of grounds

14.2 Current volunteer situation

14.3 Replacement fence

 

  1. To hear an update from BS on the results of the village survey

15.1 Survey results data issued 7.1.21

15.2 Setting up of working groups

 

  1. To hear any update from PMcL on UPC IT

 

  1. To hear an update from BS on historic council or village information

 

  1. To hear any update on Neighbourhood Plan proposal

 

  1. To formally sign off the following:-

19.1 UPC Aims & Objectives

19.2 UPC Strategic Plan

19.3 UPC Roles & Responsibilities

 

 

  1. To agree the content of the next council update for Upton News

Links to local bus services

 

Date of next meeting: –

 

Thursday 18th March 2021 at 7.30pm via an e-conference system

 

 

 

 

 

Upton Parish Council PCSO Police Report

From the 1st September 2020 – 7th January 2021 there have been no reported crimes of note in the village.

Locally over the past few months there have been reports of hare coursing and poaching both during the day and the night. We have been conducting various operations to target this activity and will continue to do so. Arrests have been made and vehicles and dogs have been seized with some of the dogs being rehomed.

During the end of last year there were some issues with vehicles using the Ridgeway and restricted byways in an anti-social manner and some have caused criminal damage to the private gallops. We have issued several Sec. 59 warnings to some of these people which means that if they or the vehicle is used in anti-social manner the vehicle can be seized.

In light of the new national lockdown due to the pandemic there have been lots of people visiting the local beauty spots for their daily exercise. There have been some occasions where parked vehicles have been targeted and broken into. So please if you do visit any of these areas do not leave anything on display!

If anyone has any issues or concerns that they wish to inform me about please feel free to email me.Gary.kirby@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk