Upton Parish Council Extraordinary Meeting 07.12.21 at 7pm

Upton Parish Council

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Upton Parish Council at 7.00pm on Tuesday 7th December 2021. This meeting will be held in the function room in the George & Dragon public house.

Members of the press and public are welcome to attend. Please notify the Clerk at least 48 hours prior to the start of the meeting as numbers of attendees may be restricted.

 

Agenda

  1. To note or receive apologies for absence
  1. To note any declarations of interest in the items on the agenda
  1. To approve the minutes of the following meeting & note any matters arising: –

UPC 16.11.21

Note: – Any changes to the minutes need to be agreed by vote

  1. To review & agree the response to planning consultations:-

4.1 P21/V3206/HH Lavender House, Fieldside, Upton

Proposed ground floor front extension to existing garage.

Deadline 14.12.21

 

  1. To receive an update on UPC Finances and Administration

5.1 To hear an update from the Finance committee meeting held on 22.10.21 &

formally agree recommendations

 

5.1.1 Proposed precept for 22/23

5.1.2 Proposed budget for 22/23

5.1.3 Clerk’s salary review inc. other work considerations

5.1.4 Outgoing grants

5.1.5 Capital projects for 22/23

5.1.6 Other financial considerations from the Finance Committee Meeting

5.1.7 Ratify reviewed & updated Standing Orders

5.1.8 Ratify reviewed & updated Financial Regulations

 

5.2 To hear an update on Lloyds Bank: –

As at 11.11.21 Treasurer’s Account £8257.22

As at 11.11.21 Business Bank Account £13073.33

 

5.3 Receipts

Bank interest October 11p, November 10p

 

 

5.4 To sign off bank reconciliation to date

Provided in advance of the meeting. To be signed at meeting.

 

5.5 To hear any other financial or administration updates

5.5.1 To agree a budget for a village Christmas event (BS)

 

5.5.2 To agree that Upton village is included in the 20mph proposal for

Oxfordshire Communities & to request support from County Cllr

Povolotsky for same.

 

5.6 To agree the following payments & who to authorise: –

 

Date Payee £
28.10.21,

28.11.21

Clerk’s salary SO

[LGA1972 s112(2)]

Not publicly disclosed
11.11.21 Clerk’s expenses [LG(FPA)1963s5] £35.80
Oct/Nov HMRC PAYE SO (£83.40 October, £83.40 November (tbc))      £166.80
29.10.20, 29.11.21 Microsoft Office365 Oct/Nov DD @£3.80pm

[LGA1972 s111]

£7.60
Oct 21 M Amos expenses for work on car park soakaway & removal of rubble [LGA1972 s137 ] £769.13
Oct 21 SLCC membership renewal wef 1.12.21 [LGA1972 s143]

Note:- UPC portion £55.34. £110.66 to be reclaimed from BPC.

£166.00
Nov 21 Expenses from BS TBC
Nov 21 UPC donation to Royal British Legion (paid to be ratified)

[LGA1792 s137]

                  £170.00

 

  Payments sub total £1315.33
17.11.21 Boston Bulbs order [LGA1972 s137]                    £238.00
Nov 21 Nature Garden 50% share of digger hire                 £419.27
Nov 21 Nature Garden 25% share of rubble removal                 £192.30
  Nature Garden sub total £849.54
  TOTAL        £2164.87

+ Clerk’s salary

 

  1. To hear an update on the recreation ground Play Areas

6.1 Toddler play area

6.1.1 To hear any update on the installation of a fence around the new play

area

6.1.2 To hear any other updates on the toddler play area

6.2 Adventure play area

5.2.1 To hear any updates on the adventure play area

6.3 Pump Track

Remedial work to the pump track scheduled for 22/23.

 

 

 

  1. To hear an update on the maintenance of the recreation ground

7.1 Mowing, Trees, hedges, other

7.2 To hear an update on the current volunteer / rota situation

7.3 To hear any other recreation ground updates

7.3.1 New bins

7.3.2 Additional benches

7.3.3 New noticeboard on side of bus shelter

7.3.4 Goal posts – nets & wheel replacements

7.3.7 Fence to northern boundary

7.3.8 New signage update

7.3.9 Bus shelter renovation update

 

  1. To hear any update on UPC IT (PM)

 

  1. To hear an update on Speed Watch & 20s Plenty for Upton (BH)

 

  1. To agree the council content for the next online Upton News (NT)

 

  1. To agree the date of the next meeting

Next full council meeting Tuesday 18th January 2022, at 7.30pm, in the main hall.

 

Appendix A – List of Actions

No. Actions from this meeting By when
1. Clerk to email PCSO re November meeting Actioned
2. Clerk to email R Traynor / J Reid re UVHAT / UPC meetings Actioned BS
4. BS to store blue benches & bin until re-sited Nov
7. BS to 1. put together a welcome pack proposal & 2. look at ways of engaging volunteers Nov
8. BS to look in to engaging other local chairs to meet informally Nov
9. BS to arrange top soil & grass seed for play area mound Nov
10. ALL to consider fencing or other options for play areas Nov
11. BS to organise volunteer turning over bark in play area Actioned
12. BS to consider plan for removal of weeds on pump track Nov
16. PM & Clerk to discuss findings on bus shelter noticeboard Actioned
19. Recreation ground northern boundary fence – BS to approach contractors ASAP
20. DB / BS to investigate new signage across the recreation ground Actioned
21. DB to contact the head of the Brownie group re bus shelter redecoration Actioned
22. BS to confirm with KH actions re fence / hedge in cemetery extension ASAP
23. PM to report back to council on work allocation system trial ASAP
26. BS to contact potential proof reader for Upton News ASAP
27. PM & Clerk to discuss online meeting date updates ASAP

 

 

 

No. Actions from previous meetings By when
7. KH to report back to council on recommendations for the two benches in situ in the nature garden area. O/S
8. KH to provide formal proposal & timescales for fence development around the new cemetery area. O/S
6. BS to issue rota forms. Deferred to Clerk to issue. ASAP