Upton lies in an area well served by road and rail services, and is fortunate to have a local bus service.
First Great Western publish their timetables in PDF format, which you can download from their web site.
The bus service No. 94, running between Didcot, West Hagbourne, Upton, Blewbury, East Hagbourne and Didcot, is operated by Thames Travel.
- [Medium] A4095 Tower Hill Witney, both ways at Beech Road
- [Medium] A417 Park Road Faringdon, both ways at Marlborough Gardens
- [Medium] A40 Asthall, both ways at B4047 Burford Road
- [Medium] A361 High Street Shipton-under-wychwood, both ways at Plum Lane
- [Medium] B4495 Headley Way Oxford, both ways at Franklin Road
- [Medium] A420 Botley, both ways at B4044 West Way
- [Medium] Station Road Didcot, westbound between Cow Lane and Haydon Road
- [Medium] A4144 Woodstock Road Oxford, both ways at B4495 Moreton Road
- [Medium] A338 Oxford Road Frilford, both ways at Ford Lane
- [Medium] A415 Kingston Road Frilford, both ways at A338
- [Cleared] A40 London Road Oxford, both ways at Merewood Avenue
- [Slight] B4047 Burford Road Witney, both ways at Downs Road
- [Slight] B4022 Charlbury Road Hailey, both ways at Priest Hill Lane
- [Slight] B4017 High Street Cumnor, both ways at Leys Road
- [Slight] Station Road Didcot, westbound between Cow Lane and Cronshaw Close
- [Low Impact] Main Street East Hanney, both ways at A338
- [Low Impact] Lashford Lane Dry Sandford, both ways at Lansdowne Road
- [Low Impact] Coxwell Road Faringdon, both ways at Fernham Road
- [Low Impact] Wroslyn Road Freeland, both ways at Pigeon House Lane
- [Low Impact] Victoria Road Oxford, both ways at King's Cross Road
- [Low Impact] Jack Straw's Lane Oxford, both ways at B4150 Marston Road
- [Low Impact] St Nicholas Road Wallingford, both ways at Clapcot Way
- [Low Impact] Station Road Didcot, both ways at Lydalls Road
- [Low Impact] Purley Lane Purley On Thames, both ways between Westridge Avenue and Purley Village
- [Low Impact] Upper Road Kennington, both ways at Edward Road
- [Low Impact] Henley Road Sandford-on-thames, both ways at Church Road
- [Low Impact] The Street Crowmarsh Gifford, both ways at Benson Lane
An excellent leaflet published by Sustrans details the cycle path between Didcot and Wantage and The Ridgeway, passing through Upton.
Oxfordshire Dial-a-Ride is a door-to-door minibus service for people with mobility problems who cannot use normal public transport. The minibuses, operated by our Transport Services between 9am-5pm, have to be booked in advance.
Before you can use Oxfordshire Dial-a-Ride you must register to become a member of the scheme. The services are aimed at taking people to personal appointments, shopping or to visit friends. They should not be used for going to a hospital appointment or a day care centre for which other transport arrangements are available. For advice on attending medical appointments which are not urgent, please contact NHS Patient Transport Service at 0300 100 0015.
Before you can use Oxfordshire Dial-a-Ride you must register to become a member of the scheme. Annual membership costs £5 and there is a flat fee per journey. Travel is free for concessionary pass holders but the annual membership fee still applies. If you are eligible, you can register for the service by:
- telephoning 0845 310 1111
- downloading, printing and completing this membership form (pdf format, 168KB) and sending it to Oxfordshire Dial-a-Ride, PO Box 842 , Oxford OX1 9GX with a cheque or postal order for £5
If you are a concessionary pass holder you can travel free. You will need to provide your concessionary pass number on the application form and this will be checked against our records. You will also be required to carry and show your pass when you travel.
Once you are registered, to make a booking you will need to call the booking line 0845 310 1111 no earlier than seven days before your intended date of travel.
Services from Upton:
Wednesday – Wantage Service, to include Ardington, Ashbury, Blewbury, Childrey, Chilton, Compton Beauchamp, Denchworth, East Challow, East Hanney, East Hendred, Grove, Harwell, Kingston Lisle, Letcombe Bassett, Letcombe Regis, Lockinge, Lyford, Sparsholt, Uffington, Upton, Wantage, West Challow, West Hanney, West Hendred, And Woolstone, providing journeys to/from, and to limited destinations in Oxford City.
Friday – Open service allowing journeys not catered for on other days. Journeys will be available to any destination within the Vale Of White Horse to Oxford City.