This photograph of Upton was taken from a point south of the George and Dragon in about 1930.
The picture, provided by Yvonne Collins, can be zoomed to show very fine detail – from the left:
- The George and Dragon
- Prospect House
- Prospect Road
- Middle Farm, which burnt down in 1934 – now the site of Corderoys
- A number of houses in Fieldside behind it
- St Mary’s (just to the right of the trees)
- Properties in Stream Road, seen beyond Wattle Cottage
- The Elms and the top of the High Street
Hagbourne Church and Wittenham Clumps can be seen in the distance.