In attendance:- Chairman Ben Shaw (BS)
Vice Chairman Neil Thorp (NT)
Councillors David Beckles (DB), Graham de Wilde (GW), Nicola Hall
(NH), Brendan Heneghan (BH – from 7.50pm)
Clerk Liz Cooper (EC)
Deputy Clerk Lisa Morgan (LM from 7.50pm)
- To receive apologies for absence
- Councillors B Heneghan & D Beckles to complete their Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Duly signed by DB & BH & counter-signed by the Clerk.
- Councillors B Heneghan & D Beckles to complete their Register of Interests forms
Register of Interests forms were duly submitted.
- To record any declarations of interests relating to this meeting
BS – Organised Grime.
- Finance & Administration
5.1 To hear an update on the audit process 22-23
Council to agree & sign off Annual Accounting Statements
5.2 To consider the period for the Exercise of Public Rights
Council to agree the dates for the period of Exercise of Public Rights
5.3 To hear any update on the completion of the Internal Audit
Internal audit report received from Abbott Denton on 15th May 2023. Rating of ‘very good’ with no
5.4 Council to consider changes to the way employees are paid, & to make the following resolution:-
‘Council resolves to pay its employees on, or as soon as possible after, the 28th of the month by an FPO
(Faster Payments Out) payment, directly from the Council’s bank account. This will include the monthly
payment to HMRC for PAYE.’
Council agreed to trial FPO payments for Clerk & Deputy Clerk’s salaries for 3 months (June, July,
August) & review at the September meeting.
5.5 To approve payment of the following invoices:-
5.5.1 Vale of White Horse DC, Administration fee for uncontested election, £200.
5.5.2 Scofell, Grounds maintenance for May, £618.
Council agreed to the addition of a third payment to Abbott Denton for the completion of the
Internal Audit for £330.
Payments unanimously agreed.
5.6 Lloyds Bank Change of Signatories Mandate
Council agreed to the addition of this item to expedite the required changes.
GW had previously agreed to become a new signatory & he signed the mandate accordingly. P
McLaughlin is to be removed as a signatory. BS & NT countersigned the mandate as existing
- To hear any updates on any aspect of the recreation ground play areas (c’fwd from previous meeting on
6.1 Adventure play area remedial work / inspections
LM had commenced weekly visual inspections, & requested a Councillor to accompany her on the next
one, to ensure all elements are being covered. GW reported that he had rotovated the wood chip
flooring in the adventure play area. He confirmed that it also required a top up of chippings. Clerk to
obtain cushion fall quote. The wooden surround also needed work in places. GW & BS to review all
required works & propose solutions/costs to Council. Clerk also to pursue contractor due to replace
6.2 Toddler play area
No issues, all in order.
6.3 Pump track
No issues, all in order.
- To hear any updates on the maintenance of the recreation ground & car park (c’fwd from previous
meeting on 17th May)
7.1 Council to agree parameters of ‘no mow May’
Whilst the main part of the recreation ground continued to be mowed, a wildlife corridor area around
the edges & under the trees were left during May.
7.2 Council to ratify its decision to agree a new 12-month contract with Organised Grime for bin
collections from the recreation ground, with effect from 1st May 2023, following the successful
completion of the 3-month trial.
Council (with the exception of BS) unanimously agreed to continue with this contract.
7.3 To ratify decision to renew white lines on car parking spaces
This was unanimously agreed & had been completed by GW. Council expressed its thanks to GW for
7.4 Car park extension proposal
Concerns had been raised about the level of parking when more than one group was at the village
hall/recreation ground at the same time. This leads to people parking on the road, which causes an
obstruction to other road users, particularly buses who are unable to manoeuvre past the parked
cars. GW to work on extension proposal.
7.5 Any other updates on the recreation ground
NT to forward response to all regarding the grounds maintenance contractors & volunteer group.
- To hear the date of the next meeting
The next full council meeting will be held on Wednesday 19th July 2023 at 8.00pm in the main hall in the
village hall. This is a change from previously published date & time. BS to ensure the main hall is booked for
this meeting & confirm all other changes to the Clerk.
APPENDIX A – ACTION POINTS FROM THIS MEETING
|1.||Clerk to obtain cushion fall quote||ASAP|
|2.||BS & GW to review full repair works in adventure play area||ASAP|
|3.||Clerk to check on contractor re replacement swings||ASAP|
|4.||NT to forward response to all regarding grounds maintenance & volunteer group||Actioned|
|5.||GW to work on car park extension proposal||Actioned|