Minutes of Extraordinary Meeting 30th October 2019

Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting held at 8pm on Wednesday 30th October 2019.

In attendance: – Cllrs Ben Shaw (Chair/BS), Peter McLaughlin (PMcL), Ian Sykes (IS), Stuart Fraser (SCF) and Liz Cooper (Clerk/EC)

  1. Apologies for absence

Brendan Heneghan

  1. Declarations of interest in the items on the agenda

None declared.

  1. Representations from the public

None present.

  1. Agree and sign off previous minutes

The minutes from UPCX meeting on 10.10.19 were duly agreed and signed off by the chair.

  1. Agree the PC’s response to the following planning applications: –

5.1 P19/V2334/HH Donwyn, Stream Road, Upton

Proposed new first floor after removal of existing bungalow roof, ground floor and first floor gable extensions to front and rear elevations with internal alterations at ground floor level; removal of trees to allow an enlarged access, erection of a 0.9m high dwarf brick wall.

Deadline 12 noon on 31.10.19

The council agreed unanimously ‘no objections’ to this application.

5.2 P19/V1929/HH Gate House, Reading Road, Upton

Amendment no. 2 – accurate depictions of built structures

on site and additional details for access.

Deadline 12 noon 11.11.19

The council agreed that although updated drawings of the gates and drive were

provided, there was no substantial change to previous objections made in the

rejection of the last application. The council agreed unanimously to ‘object’ to

this application amendment. EC to draft a response for approval by council.

  1. Agree approach to village hall car park overflow

PMcL produced a visual representation of the potential area of car park overflow.

Names of potential contractors were put forward. PMcL to see if quotes could be

obtained for the work, to enable further discussion around specification, cost and

materials to be used. It was agreed marked parking spaces would be ideal,

together with some form of edging to the overflow area which prevents drivers

easily accessing the grassed area. The council agreed unanimously to proceed on

this basis. A proposal would be put to the village once formed.

PMcL & SCF to meet at 11am on 31/10/19 to examine the potential car park area in

more detail.

The council agreed to approach the play areas refurbishment in the same way at the

November meeting. Clerk to ensure this is on the agenda.

The meeting concluded at 9.10pm.

      Date of next meeting:-

      Thursday 28th November at 7.30pm, in the meeting room of the Upton village hall.