Minutes of the extraordinary meeting of Upton Parish Council held at 7.30pm on Thursday 11th February 2021 via an e-conference system.

In attendance:- Cllr B Shaw (Chair/BS), E Cooper (Clerk/EC), Cllrs N Thorp (NT), P McLaughlin (PM), B Heneghan (BH), D Beckles (DB). One member of the public.

 

  1. To note or receive apologies for absence

None.

 

  1. To note any declarations of interest in the items on the agenda

NT declared that he lived in Chilton Road.

Cllr Thorp was told by the Clerk that he would not be able to vote on anything

specific to Chilton Road. This has subsequently been corrected & apologies made to

Cllr Thorp.

 

  1. To hear representations from the public

None made.

 

  1. To discuss & agree the council’s response to the Chilton Road Closure Consultation

4.1 Council agreed that under normal circumstances a meeting would have been

held for all villagers to attend to discuss the consultation. As this had not been

possible, a questionnaire (with a question on the road closure) had been

completed and a small working group had met to put together a response.

4.2 BH agreed to create a series of questions for the council to agree & for those questions to be put as appropriate to the County Council, District Council & Sustrans to fully establish the status of the Chilton Road closure – before the deadline of 19.02.21. Other councillors offered assistance in this endeavour.

4.3 Council agreed that the closure had been accelerated under the pandemic situation, to meet a larger objective of increasing the ability to more easily cycle/walk in the wider area.

4.4 Council also agreed that all issues surrounding the road closure were not being addressed in the consultation & that all other issues must be addressed. This included the state of Hagbourne Hill & it’s unsuitability to carry increased traffic. Council agreed that the plan for this area is a priority.

 

  1. To discuss & agree delegation of working groups led by Councillors following the successful implementation of the Chilton Road Closure Working Group

The formation of Working Groups is currently covered in the council’s Standing

Orders, para 27, Advisory Committees.

BH to propose an amendment to this para.

 

  1. To agree the PC’s response to the following planning consultations: –

P20/V3363/HH Owlscote Barn, High St, Upton

Retrospective – External Sunken seating area and patio

Deadline 12 noon on 12.02.21

The council agreed no objections to this consultation, noting that it was another

retrospective application from this property.

 

  1. To agree the following payments:-

7.1 OALC, GDPR & Data Protection training, Cllr PM £60

7.2 OALC, GDPR & Data Protection training, Cllr BH £60

7.3 OALC, Finding New Councillors training, Clerk £60

7.4 OALC, Finding New Councillors training, Cllr BS £60

Council unanimously agreed to all payments above. PM agreed to authorise.

 

  1. Council agreed (proposed BH, seconded BS, all in favour), to hold a further meeting on Thursday 18th February 2021 at 7.30pm to finalise a response to the consultation.

 

 

The meeting finished at 21.38.

 

 

      Date of next meeting:-

      Full council meeting Thursday 18th March at 7.30pm, via an e-conference system.