Upton Village Hall is available for hire.
Hiring Charges (with effect 1 October 2012)
|Hourly Charges||Upton Residents||£6.00 per hour|
|Non Residents||£10.00 per hour|
|In addition a charge of £1.50 per hour will be payable for heating as required.|
|All day bookings
e.g. 9am – 12 midnight
|Childrens’ parties||Between 10am and 6pm||£5.50 per hour|
|Fund raising events
|£3.00 per hour|
|Regular block bookings||Charges to be negotiated with the management committee.|
|Commercial bookings||£13.00 per hour|
|Equipment||Free with the hiring of the hall but may be hired for outside use|
|Upton Residents||20p per item|
|Non Residents||30p per item|
Plan of the Hall
A deposit of £100 against damage or the hall being left in an unacceptable state will be required for all parties and discos unless the committee specifically decides otherwise. This will be refundable after inspection to ensure that the conditions of hiring have been observed.
All charges must be paid before the event unless previously agreed.
Bookings must be made on the official form. Contact Jessie West, telephone 01235 851206.
Conditions of letting
- Applications for hire of Upton Village Hall must be made on a booking form.
- Except for contract bookings, all fees must be paid in advance. In the event of a booking being cancelled with less than one weeks notice only half of the fee will be returned.
- The hirer must be over 18 years of age and must be present in the hall during the hire period. In the case of an organisation, their nominated representative must also be over 18 years old and present in the hall during the hire period.
- Hirers must ensure that all precautions are taken against risk of fire and damage to property.
- The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to furniture, fittings, crockery, etc., and must pay for such damage or replace the articles. If necessary, costs will be deducted from the deposit.
- The hirer is responsible for leaving the premises clean and tidy. If the hirer fails in this respect he/she will be charged £12 per hour for the time taken to clean.
- All crockery to be washed and returned to the cupboard after use.
- No intoxicating liquor may be sold on the premises without the written consent of the PREMISES SUPERVISOR with contact being made through the management. The hirer shall ensure that in order to avoid disturbing neighbours to the hail and avoid violent or criminal behaviour, care shall be taken to avoid excessive consumption of alcohol. Alcohol shall not be served to any person suspected of being drunk or under the age of 18. No illegal drugs may be brought onto the premises
- All functions must end promptly by 12 midnight. For functions open to the public, to comply with the Public Entertainment Licence, hirers must ensure there is no re-admission after 10.30pm.
- The Public Entertainment Licence limits the number of people allowed in the hall at any one time to 100.
- Under no circumstances will pins or nails be driven into the walls or window frames.
- The trustees will not hold themselves responsible for any loss of personal property left in the hail or cloakroom or damage to vehicles left in the carpark.
- No vehicles may be driven beyond the official carpark unless permission has been obtained from the Parish Council.
- A no smoking policy must be observed for public events. For private parties the decision is at the discretion of the hirer.
- The hirer shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against any third party claims which may lie against him or her (or the organisation if acting as a representative) whilst using the Village Hall. (The Village Hall is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence).
- The hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public, to a member of the management committee as soon as possible. Any failure of equipment, either that belonging to the hall or brought in by the hirer must also be reported as soon as possible. Certain types of accident or injury must be reported on a special form to the local authority. The Hall Secretary will give assistance in completing this form. This is in accordance with the Executive Reporting of Injuries, Diseases, and Dangerous Occurrences Regulation 1995.
- The hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide dogs are brought into the hall, other than at a special event agreed by the committee. No animals are to enter the kitchen at any time.